Saturday, December 5, 2009

I Will

I will cry when he dies.
I will cry for the memories of good times.
I will cry for the lost ones we could have had.
I will cry for the heart I know was there.
I will cry for how his life turned out.
I will cry because I love him.
But I will not cry for guilt.

I will know it's the final blow.
I will know it never changed.
I will know it never will.
I will know that it hurts.
I will know the hurt too well.
I will know that I shouldn't.
But I will not know it anymore.

I will live.

2 comments:

  1. I like the repetition of the "I will" in this poem... kind of like willing oneself to do and to do more... i've got a poem that's a bit similar... i'll copy in in below:

    I left my home many times
    and I roamed the earth in silent pain.
    I left the sea for the prairie grass
    and I walked alone,
    free at last.
    Never had a future,
    didn't want my past.
    I was free at last,
    free at last.

    I walked through the mountains
    in the rain and snow.
    And the cold,
    moist air blew life in my soul.
    And it made me whole,
    it made me whole.

    I asked the sun and the stars and wind,
    who am I in the scheme of things?
    Many years later,
    the answer it brings,
    the answer it brings.

    I am a thought in the back of my mind,
    I am the shadow that tags behind.
    I am a flower in the garden of yore,
    I am a child of love for sure.
    I am a boy trapped inside a man,
    I am a grain in a sea of sand.
    I am the earth on which I stand.
    I am what I taste,
    I am what I see,
    I am what I feel,
    I am what is real.
    I am alive,
    I am alive.
    And whatever else I am,
    it's just until I die.
    And then I am just whatever I was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jon. You know though,it seems I get an idea and I just slap it down, (from your poem) you really do perfect the art, much more invisioning. Maybe I just don't take the time, or I just focus on concept rather than image.

    ReplyDelete