Thursday, December 10, 2009

Caitlyn the Bully

One winter's day, I was late walking home from school, when Caitlyn, the biggest bully at our school, came up behind me, and threw a snowball at the back of my head. Fear froze me in place. I'm done for! I thought, trying to control my panic. Finally my legs began to work. I bolted. I ran straight for my house. But Caitlyn followed after me, huffing anf puffing, while screaming "Come back here you little freak!" I ran as fast as I could. Unfortunately I didn't notice the patch of ice in front of me. I wiped out. When I was finally able to breathe again, Caitlyn was hovering over top of me with a sickening grin on her face. "How nice to see you!" She pulled me up, patted my back, and pushed me into the snow bank beside the sidewalk. Tears began to fill my eyes, making me unable to see her face. That didn't matter though, because I could hear her evil, high pitched laugh. I could no longer control the tears. They slid down my face, freezing at my chin, and humiliated me further. Whatever shall I do! I got up slowly, putting my bare hands against the cold snow, with soaking wet pants. Caitlyn, considering her work done, brushed her hands together and walked away.

3 comments:

  1. Well, this is actually somewhat old, (and very loosely based on truth) but I felt like a little humour today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, just a thought, I read this with obviously my viewpoint...Caitlyn is really a close friend of mine...does that make a huge difference?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It might if you were to tell the reader that

    ;)

    could be something you build on, an introduction to a short story... the last sentence of this opening section could say just that... you know "even though she was so mean back then, today she is my best friend"...

    but this is a fun piece of writing. I enjoyed this one. I'm still getting to the other narrative you sent me... (haven't forgot!)...

    hope you're well,

    jp

    ReplyDelete